1992-2015 ZOO WILD Activities
- Bats ! Conservation Educator Training for Bat Friends and Educators, Nepal, August 2008
- Amphibian Conservation Educator Skills Training at Central Zoo, Kathmandu, Nepal , September 2008
- Intensive Conservation Education Skills Training INCEST: 1st workshop, 24-26 June 2008, 2nd workshop 18-20 July 2008
- Wild to Wild Translocation Scoping Workshops featuring Hoolock Gibbon held in Assam, Sep 2008 & Jan 2009
- Human Elephant Co-existence, HECX Educator Workshops held at West Bengal , 31 October - 09 November 08
- CBSG South Asia, RSG South Asia and SAZARC 9-15 February 2009, Sri Lanka
- HECx Educator Skills Training Programme, Nepal, 24 Feb-06 March 2009 1 & 2 - workshop at Chitwan National Park, 3rd workshop at Sukhlaphanta
- Conservation and status of Rameshwaram Parachute Spider, Poecilotheria hanumavilasumica in Southern India.
- Status and Conservation of Tarantulas in selected hot specks of Southern India.
- Organised a series of six workshops in different places of Assam on Conservation Education for North East Indian Hoolock Gibbon with particular reference to shared hoolock and tiger localities, 1-28 February 2007
- Training in Field Techniques for survey of Volant and Non-Volant Small Mammals Conservation workshop held at Nepal Staff Administrative College, Kathmandu and Institute of Forestry, Pokhara Nepal, 19-24 June 2007
- Teachers for Tigers workshop at Kathmandu, Nepal, Central Zoo, Jawalakhel, Kathmandu — 26-28 June 2007
- In-house Training Workshop for Wildlife Education at ZOO 7, 21 & 28 July 2007
- Refresher Course : Helping Hoolock Gibbon Hang On and Teachers for Tigers for selected participants during 29-30 October at Assam Forest School, Jalukbari and from 1-2 November 2007 at Kaziranga NP, Assam respectively.
- Three day training programme for Educators’ (Samrakshan Trust-Northeast) on wildlife education, Meghalaya, 3-5 November 2007
- Amphibian Biodiversity Conservation Course (ABC Course) held in Periyar Tiger Reserve, 10-16 December 2007
- CBSG RSG V, SAZARC VIII, Gir Tour I/ZOO/WILD/Kamla Nehru Zoo-AMC/Forest Dept of Gujarat/GEER Foundation, 29 Jan-6Feb 2008
- Status and Distribution of least known Primate Species: Slow Loris and capped langur in the Protected Areas of Assam, India and its feeding ecology
- Teachers for Tigers - Advanced Technique Refresher Course held at Dhaka, Bangladesh from 10-11 March 2006 for the participants of the Teachers for Tigers workshop held in Dhaka in 2005.
- Habitat Ecology and Teachers for Tigers Assessment Workshop held in Karl Kubel Institute from 24-28, April 2006
- Teachers for Tigers - Advanced Technique Refresher Course held at Kalakkad Mundanthruai Tiger Reserve from 2-3 September 2006
- Teachers for Tigers - Advanced Technique Refresher Course held at Periyar Tiger Reserve from 16-17 September 2006
- Organised Seventh Annual South Asian Zoo Association Meeting at SEAZA meeting held at Vietnam, December 2005.
- Conservation Status of Tarantulas in India with implications of harvest for International trade.
- Population and Habitat Viability Assessment PHVA for Western Hoolock Gibbon (Bunopithecus hoolock hoolock) 14 - 18 February, Bangladesh Institute of Administration and Management (BIAM).
- Organised a Seminar and Hands on Training in Husbandry and Management of Hoolock Gibbon, 19-20 February, Dhaka Zoo, Mirpur.
- An official advisory visit to Chittagong Zoo and Dulahazara Safari Park arranged by the Forest Department of Bangladesh and Seminar at Chittagong Veterinary College. 21-23 February.
- Organised the 9th – 11th Teachers for Tigers Training Workshop, this group of workshops for teachers of Dhaka. 20-22 February, Asiatic Society, 24-28 February, teachers from Dhaka and surrounding towns on cruise vessel in Sundarban and at zoos of Bangladesh. Dhaka Zoo.
- Organized Field Techniques Training for Small Mammals, 2-6 March at the Asiatic Society in Dhaka for students and lecturers of Jhangiranagar University and Dhaka University.
- Field Techniques for Chiroptera & Rodentia and Zoo Management Training, Short Report
- Organized Field Techniques Training Workshop on Small Mammals held in Randenigala, Sri Lanka in November 2005 in collaboration with Colombo University and IUCN Sri Lanka.
- Organised Sixth Annual South Asian Zoo Association Meeting and Third Annual CBSG/RSG in Coimbatore, India, December 2005.
- Organised South Asian launch of the 2nd Edition of the World Zoo and Aquarium Conservation Strategy, published by the World Zoo Association and reprinted in South Asia.
- Teachers for Tigers - Advanced Technique Refresher Course, for the participants of the Teachers for Tigers NE workshop held in 2004 at Bhopal, held at Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal from 06-07 October 2005
- Teachers for Tigers - Advanced Technique Refresher Course held at Mysore Zoo from 12-13 November 2005 for the for the participants of the Teachers for Tigers workshop held in 2003 at Mysore
- Status and conservation of Poecilotheria Hanumavilasumica Smith, 2004 on Rameshwaram Island, Tamil Nadu, India
- Conservation Assessment and Management Plan Workshop for Non-Volant Mammals of South Asia, Coimbatore, February, 2004
- C.A.M.P. for Freshwater Biodiversity of Pakistan, IUCN Pakistan, Zool. Survey Department Pakistan (December 04).
- Training in Reintroduction, Conservation Welfare, Conservation Breeding for Rodent and other Non-Volant Small Mammals, Coimbatore, February 2004
- Teachers for Tigers Training Workshops (3 workshops 3 days each, 23-25 June 2004, 28-30 June 2004, 1-3 July 2004) held in Pench Tiger Reserve, Madhya Pradesh India, Van Vihar National Park, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, and National Zoological Park with participants from India, Bhutan, Afghanistan and Malaysia.
- Field Techniques Training for Small Mammals, Karachi and Islamabad, Pakistan (September 04)
- Zoo Biology Training for Curators and Keepers, Karachi, Islamabad, Lahore, Pakistan (September 04)
- South Asian Zoo Association Conference & CBSG/RSG meeting, Punjab Wildlife Department, and Lahore Zoo, Lahore (December 04)
- CAMP Workshop for South Asian Primate, State Forest Service College, Coimbatore, March 2002
- CAMP Workshop of Mammals of Pakistan, held at Pakistan, August 2003
- Two Five-day Training Programme on Conservation and Education of Tigers at Coimbatore from 17-21 February 2003 and at Chennai, 24-28, February 2003.
- Three-day Training Programme on Conservation Education of Tigers at Periyar Tiger Reserve, Kalakkad Mundanthurai Tiger Reserve and Regional Museum of Natural History, Mysore from 23 June-03 July 03
- South Asian Zoo Association for Regional Cooperation, 4th Annual Meeting and CBSG & RSG workshop, CAMP and PHVA, in Sri Lanka
- Distribution, status and effect of trade on large-bodied (Mygalomorph) Spider of the genus Poecilotheria and other Theraphosid Spiders in India
- Evaluation of status of large-bodied spider (Poecilotheria Spp. And other species of the Family Theraphosidae) in India, and implications of trade on their population)
- CAMP Workshop for South Asian Chiroptera, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, January 2002
- CAMP Workshop of South Asian Amphibian, State Forest Service College, Coimbatore, June 2002
- Field Techniques and Taxonomy Workshop for the Conservation of Rodents and Insectivores, Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur, Kerala, July 2002
- South Asian Zoo Association for Regional Cooperation, 3rd Annual Meeting, Bangladesh, October 2002
- Zoo Educators’ Course for South East Asian zoo professionals, Singapore, March.
- South Asian Zoo Association for Regional Cooperation, 2nd Annual Meeting, Malaysia, October 2001
- Field techniques, identification and taxonomy of Eastern Hemisphere Tarantula Spiders
- CAMP Workshop for 105 endemic Western Ghats Orchids, Coimbatore, May.
- CAMP Workshop for 40 Non-timber Forest Products (NTFPs), Coimbatore, December.
- Zoo Educators’ Course for South Asian zoo professionals, Kathmandu, Nepal, August.
- Practical Workshop on keeping and care of amphibians in captivity, Vandalur, Chennai, September.
- CAMP workshop, Selected Medicinal Plants of Northern, Northeastern and Central India (BCCP), Lucknow January
- Training Demonstration of CAMP Process at International Conference Medicinal Plants for survival, Bangalore, February.
- Training Demonstration, CAMP and IUCN Red List Criteria for International Training in Participatory Forest Resource Assessment and Management, Indian Institute for Forest Management, Bhopal, March.
- CAMP Workshop for 40 species of Non-timber Forest Products (NTFPs), Bhopal, June.
- CAMP Workshop for 200 species of reptiles and amphibians of Sri Lanka, November.
- Hands-on Training Workshop on amphibian field techniques, identification and taxonomy, Kempholey, December.
- Status assessments of Sri Lankan Chelonians
- Population and Habitat Viability Assessment and of Star Tortoise
- CAMP Workshop for sixty-four species of medicinal plants (3rd in series), FRLHT, Bangalore, January
- CAMP Workshop for ninety-five species of southern Indian soil invertebrates (BCPP), Chennai, February
- CAMP Workshop for all Indian amphibians (BCPP), Bhubaneswar, April
- CAMP Workshop for all Indian reptiles (BCPP), Coimbatore, May
- CAMP Workshop for Indian mangrove ecosystem (BCPP), Goa, July
CAMP Workshop for Indian mammals (BCPP), Bangalore, August
- CAMP Workshop for three hundred and thirty freshwater fishes of India (BCPP), Lucknow, September.
- Practical Elephant Management - A Handbook for Mahouts
- Hands on workshop in Invertebrate Keeping, 27-29 March 1997
- Conservation Assessment and Management Plan (C.A.M.P.) Workshop for Forty-four Species of Medicinal Plants (2nd in series), FRLHT, Bangalore, February.
- Small Population Biology Training using Lion-tailed macaque as example species, Coimbatore, October
- PHVA Workshop for Indian Gharial, with Jiwaji University and Ministry of Environment and Forests, Jiwaji University, Gwalior, January.
- Conservation Assessment and Management Plan (C.A.M.P.) Workshop for Thirty-six Species of Medicinal Plants, with FRHLT, Bangalore, February
- PHVA Workshop for Barasingha, with Central Zoo Authority, Wildlife Institute of India, Dehra Dun, July.
- Small Population Biology Tools and Processes Training, Wildlife Institute of India, Dehra Dun, July
- Training in Environmental Enrichment and Education in five different zoos, September
- Training workshop in Conservation Management of Red Panda (Ailurus fulgens)
- A set of guidelines especially produced for the series of workshops on zoo-based invertebrate display and conservation initiatives in Southern India, October
- One day workshop on C.A.M.P. process and Red List Criteria for botanists, ecologists, taxonomists with Foundation for Revitalisation of Local Health Traditions (FRLHT), Bangalore, October.
- News' Values and Zoos' Values: Zoo Education Workshops in Zoo Journalism with Jeremy Cherfas.
- The purpose of Zoos is to Save the Animals Zoo Education Workshops in Biodiversity and the New Zoo Sciences.
- Capsule Zookeeper Workshops - Big Cat Husbandry
- PHVA Workshop for Lion-tailed Macaque, Forest Department of Tamil Nadu, Madras Zoo, October.
- Training in Zoo Education: the New conservation Sciences held at five different zoos.
- PHVA Workshop for Asiatic Lion, Baroda Municiple Corporation and Baroda Zoo, October.
- Veterinary Workshops with special reference to reproductive physiology in felids, held at Zoos in Baroda, Ahmedabad, Bombay and Patna, October.
- PHVA Workshop for Indian One-horned Rhinoceros, Forest Department of West Bengal, Jaldapara Wildlife Sanctuary, December.